[phenixbb] phenix/ccp4 monomer library compatibility

Dmitry Rodionov dmitry.rodionov at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed Sep 5 07:50:19 PDT 2012

Speaking of dictionaries...

It seems that latest Phenix is distributed with dictionaries from 2005:

/usr/local/phenix-dev-1148/chem_data/mon_lib/list % head mon_lib_list.cif

global_
_lib_name         mon_lib
_lib_version      4.11
_lib_update       15/04/05
# ------------------------------------------------
#
# ---   LIST OF MONOMERS ---
#
data_comp_list
loop_

We had a problem similar to yours with some ligands.

What we did about it:

get latest dictionary from Garib Murshudov's group page http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/groups/murshudov/

unpack

rename resulting folder monomers to mon_lib

fix up the beginning of mon_lib/list/mon_lib_list.cif:
Line 1: underscore missing after "global"
Line 6: number sign missing

overwrite the existing mon_lib folder of Phenix.

It seems to work.

Dmitry