[phenixbb] advice for speeding up cif_as_mtz

Eric Williams ericwilliams at pobox.com
Mon Sep 10 07:38:35 PDT 2012

I'm currently running cif_as_mtz and model_vs_data on the whole PDB as part
of my dissertation. Time has become a critical concern, and cif_as_mtz
(dev-1141) is running very, very slowly (1-4 minutes per entry).

Here's how I'm calling it:

phenix.cif_as_mtz <sf_cif_fn> --ignore-bad-sigmas --merge
--remove-systematic-absences --map-to-asu --symmetry=<pdb_model_fn>
--output-file-name=<sf_mtz_fn>

I'm hoping that perhaps someone could help me determine which command line
argument(s) could be removed to provide maximum speed-up.

Thanks. :)

Eric