[phenixbb] advice for speeding up cif_as_mtz

Eric Williams ericwilliams at pobox.com
Tue Sep 18 16:53:03 PDT 2012

It seems that the location of Phenix does matter (at least on my system). I
ran cif_as_mtz (from 1.8.1-1155) on 3a0n, using only the "--merge" switch.
Running from the CIFS mount, it took ~5 minutes. Running from the local
file system, it took ~21 seconds. The CIF file was on the local file system
in both experiments.

Weird.

Eric