[phenixbb] Combine map labels

Edwin Pozharski epozh001 at umaryland.edu
Fri Sep 21 06:13:18 PDT 2012

Not a trivial undertaking, but it can be done.  After all, CNS composite
omit map does output (optionally) the map coefficients. The way it is
done there is by doing fourier transform on the output map.  So, you can
do something along these lines

1. Calculate electron density maps from each of your truncated models.
2. Generate masks for each of your truncated models on the same grid.
3. Combine maps with corresponding masks.
4. Combine all the resulting masked maps.
5. Calculate structure factors from the resulting composite map.

There are definitely programs out there (sfall, mapman, etc) that you
can use top accomplish this.  This would be a great learning experience
for you, however if you are more of a practical person and simply want
to get that final map asap, you are probably better off rerunning your
composite omit map calculation using one of the following tools

http://www.phenix-online.org/documentation/autobuild.htm#anch174
http://cns-online.org/cgi-bin/cns_solve_1.3/cns_view.cgi?&file=inputs/xtal_refine/composite_omit_map.inp
http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/ccp4/html/comit.html

Cheers,