[phenixbb] Official release vs nightly builds

Folmer Fredslund folmerf at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 01:31:28 PDT 2013

Hi phenixbb/developers,

Recently, some people have experienced problems with B-factor refinement in
the official releases of PHENIX.

It seems to me that, generally speaking, the first suggestion is to use the
nightly builds of phenix.

So, my question is:
How does the official releases work? Is it a snapshot of the development
version, or are you doing some kind of stabilization during the development
of the official releases? Are you updating the official releases after
release (to fix bugs) or are the bugs only fixed in the nightly builds.

With the current official releases, would I be better off using the nightly
builds for refinement? (I have also seen some weird behavior with B-factor
refinement).

Best regards and thank you for developing phenix,
Folmer

--
Folmer Fredslund
Post doc