[phenixbb] dummy atom v.s. model with zero occupancy.

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Sun Apr 21 08:52:57 PDT 2013

Hi Lithlin,

I guess I have an idea about what's happening. When you add dummy atoms
(unstructured or as some model) with zero occupancy and ask the mask to
not set up bulk-solvent in that region, the (difference) maps you get
are contrasted in the region of dummy atoms; that is density becomes
systematically different in that region. Whether that is because of
genuine feature or classical model bias isn't clear. Perhaps that's not
limited to difference maps..

Pavel