[phenixbb] Molecular replacement pipeline MRage

Gabor Bunkoczi gb360 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Aug 5 04:25:43 PDT 2013

Hi Morten,

your comments about more transparency are well received!

To reassure you, the logfile is for users and not for the program (in fact,
the program does not rely on this file being available, and it is only
saved for archival purposes). However, I start realising that we need to
add some recovery mechanism to resume after a crash. Although all results
are printed immediately after received from the underlying calculation, it
is not in a machine readable format, and right now manual after a crash
recovery needs to be done manually. In addition, in the near future, there
will be some improvements in logfile reporting, with the program displaying
the current percentage of discovery regularly, so that users can have a
vague idea of how long this is going to take. I will be happy to add a list
of best peaks founds so far to this, if it is potentially useful.

Regarding your latter comment, could you clarify what happened? The way I
understand you is that you ran a separate Phaser task from the Phenix GUI,
and it crashed, and took the GUI (and everything else running in the GUI,
i.e. MRage in your case). Is this correct?

BW, Gabor