[phenixbb] off topic - linux flavors for crystallography

Todd Jason Green tgreen at uab.edu
Wed Dec 11 13:19:51 PST 2013

Hello All-

I have used a trusty box running fedora core 3 for nearly a decade and I am (finally) upgrading to a new workstation. In lieu of Nat's recent mention of new linux installers of phenix, I thought I would try to get a consensus on what linux flavor(s), I should consider installing on my new box. It will be used with emphasis on typical crystallography software including 3D graphics (3 GB NVIDIA Quadro K4000 card). If anyone would like to make a suggestion for an OS, I thank you in advance. Pointers to a web review can work too.

Best-
Todd