[phenixbb] phaser output and packing

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Tue Feb 26 10:56:20 PST 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Matthew Franklin <mfranklin at nysbc.org> wrote:
> (Disclaimer: I usually use phaser in ccp4, and I don't have the latest
> version.  Not everything I say may be applicable.)

Airlie and I put a fair amount of work into making sure that the
defaults in the CCP4 version and the Phenix version should be the
same, at least to whatever extent they're using [approximately] the
same source revision.  (Our nightly builds - official releases
included - are always using the very latest code.  Not sure what CCP4
does.)

> I'm not sure how to make Phaser do this in Phenix, but I see in the
> "Phaser-MR" window that there is an "Other Settings" button; in the window
> this pops up, you can try selecting "allow" for the packing function then
> "20" for the cutoff.  This should work...

I have to admit, this is very poorly labeled right now.  I think your
advice is correct, but I have added much better captions and help text
for the packing options (in the next build, of course).

-Nat