[phenixbb] omit map for protein-DNA complex

Wei Shi wei.shi118 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 09:03:41 PDT 2013

Thank you so much for your suggestions, Tom!
It seems that something needs to be fixed in the PDB file I was using. I am
not sure how I could edit the PDB file to resolve the problems or other
things to do to solve this....
Below is the error message I got when I ran a plain refinement of the same
PDB file and data file. I also ran phenix.ready-set of the PDB file using
default setting (add hydrogen to model if absent, et al) and generate a
updated PDB file and ran refine again, but still got the same error message
as below:

Number of atoms with unknown nonbonded energy type symbol: 8
Please edit the PDB file to resolve the problems and/or supply a
CIF file with matching restraint definitions, along with
apply_cif_modification and apply_cif_link parameter definitions if
necessary.
Also note that phenix.ready-set and phenix.elbow are available for creating
restraint definitions (CIF files)
Alternatively, to continue despite this problem use:
stop_for_unknowns= False

Thank you so much!

Best,
Wei