[phenixbb] Ramachandran and clashes

Felix Frolow mbfrolow at post.tau.ac.il
Tue Jul 23 07:51:34 PDT 2013

Hi Pavel
According to your mail from yesterday I wonder how can I treat Ramachandran outliers in very large molecules (close to 9000 residues). Despite
R=0.22 and Rfree=0.29 there is still a lot of changes to do. It was molecular replacement project with 28 subunits 14 and 14 and with about 50% identity and some small insertions deletions. map is 3.4 A and after permissive CC1/2 decision - about 3.05 .  A lot of clashes, a lot of Ramachandran
outliers ( about 6% after COOT Ramachandran improvement and about 9% after refinement.
What I need is not elimination of manual intervention, but minimisation of it : - \
FF
Dr Felix Frolow
Professor of Structural Biology and Biotechnology, Department of Molecular Microbiology and Biotechnology
Tel Aviv University 69978, Israel

Acta Crystallographica F, co-editor

e-mail: mbfrolow at post.tau.ac.il
Tel:  ++972-3640-8723