[phenixbb] feature enhanced maps

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Tue Jul 23 11:07:40 PDT 2013

Hi Joseph,

>> Thanks Nat! I am trying out the new "Featured Enhanced Map" option.
>> Preliminary analysis says it really helps!
> Okay, that definitely isn't included in the GUI yet - I was waiting to
> hear from Pavel before I added it.
>
> I am sure Pavel would be interested in seeing any cases where this
> helps.  In general, although we obviously test new methods against
> existing datasets, it is always more impressive to demonstrate that
> they help solve new problems.

I'm glad it worked for you, and I'm very interested to hear any feedback
or answer questions. This is still considered under development, though
current implementation is stable and ready to use. There might be some
changes to the algorithm in future (mostly to make it faster, so it can
be routinely run after refinement, for example), but I don't think these
changes will be major.

The only documentation at present is this set of slides:
http://www.phenix-online.org/presentations/fem.pdf
which also provides usage instructions (using command line).

Nat: yes, it would great to have GUI for this! Thanks!