[phenixbb] Pseudotranslation issue

Fulvio Saccoccia fulvio.saccoccia at uniroma1.it
Fri Jun 7 02:17:06 PDT 2013

Dear phenixbb,
     I have a data set collected at 2.2A resolution that I can integrate
in P4. Aimless, Phaser and Xtriage recognized a pseudotranslation
(34.6% of origin peak) at fractional coordinates 0.500 0.500 0.479
(ORTH   46.7   46.7   37.4). However labelit.index run with
sublattice_allow=true search did not detect the pseudotranslation
vector. So far, any attempts to phase by molecular replacement was
unsuccesfull and I suspect that it could be due to incorrect assignement
of space group:

Now, some questions arise:
1) does the pseudo translation exist or do not?
2) if translational NCS is present, could it mimic a P41/P42/P43 space
group?
3) in any case, any advices in order to properly deal with tNCS will be
of great help?

I thank you in advance
Best wishes

--