[phenixbb] How to export difference patterson map in PHENIX

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Thu Jun 20 08:28:05 PDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 8:12 AM, Ulrich Baumann <ubaumann at uni-koeln.de> wrote:
> I tried to limit the resolution by either --diff_limit 4 or --high_resolution 4.0. This does not work - probably is not supposed to work in this way?

Yes, you've stumbled upon a weird feature of our command line argument
processing: generally most programs (including the GUI) use a very
flexible syntax we call "PHIL" (Python Hierarchial Interface
Language),  which would be this:

high_resolution=4.0

without the leading dashes.  In some of the newer programs, including
most anything I've written, boolean parameters can be expressed one of
two ways:

write_maps=True
--write_maps

but that only applies to booleans.  Any other value needs the "="
symbol and no dashes.  Unfortunately since we can't even get everyone
to agree to use the PHIL syntax there is still some inconsistency in
how the different programs in Phenix accept input.

-Nat