[phenixbb] Worse R factor with newer version of phenix

Ryan Spencer rspencer at uci.edu
Tue Oct 8 09:31:16 PDT 2013

Hi Nat,

                I'm having a similar issue only in reverse. I'm working with
a 1.3A data set and halfway during refinement the RMS angles and bonds shoot
up (0.02/2.3) and the Rfree/Rwork drops by two points (17/15). When I don't
use the X-ray/stereochemistry and X-ray/ADP weight optimization the
Rfree/Rwork values shoot up 10 points on the second run and the RMS
angles/bonds drop significantly. Any help would be appreciated. I'm running
the refinement on 1.8.4-1496.

Ryan Spencer

University of California, Irvine

Nowick Research Group