[phenixbb] Worse R factor with newer version of phenix

Nicholas Keep n.keep at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Wed Oct 9 10:07:37 PDT 2013

I have been having a problem of worse R factors in phenix.  However this
was between runs on 1.8.1-1168 and 1.8.2-1309.  It transpired that
although I had switched reference structure on in both, in 1.8.1 it had
found a format error and ignored the reference without telling me.
1.8.2 forced me to correct the error and then used it (and it made the R
factors worse).
I don't know if this explains any of the other recent problems reported.
Best wishes
Nick

--
Prof Nicholas H. Keep
Executive Dean of School of Science

email     n.keep at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Telephone 020-7631-6852  (Room G54a Office)
           020-7631-6800  (Department Office)
Fax       020-7631-6803
If you want to access me in person you have to come to the crystallography entrance
and ring me or the department office from the internal phone by the door