[phenixbb] No working nightlies since 1.8.4-1496?

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Wed Oct 23 10:51:26 PDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Ben Eisenbraun
<bene at hkl.hms.harvard.edu>wrote:

> I don't see any nightlies listed since then, and trolling the build
> pages, it looks like things are in a state of flux right now with
> quite a few broken builds.

Yes, I've been making some invasive changes which broke many of the builds
- it's mainly just the Mac installers which have problems, however.  We had
previously released a few of these but then Paul found some bugs (my fault).

I don't actually care about the nightlies per se; I have a user that
> wants to try PHENIX with Rosetta refinement, and per an older thread,
> we need a Rosetta nightly release for that to work. Do we also need a
> PHENIX nightly? Or should 1.8.4 work for this purpose?

I'd use this:

https://www.phenix-online.org/download/phenix/nightly/?version=dev-1516

I deleted the Mac builds, so whatever is left should be (mostly) okay.
 There is one essential change here, which is that Python is already built
with the shared library, so you can use a binary installer to compile the
hybrid Rosetta app.  (I think the source installer should also build the
shared library by default, without extra arguments.)  I haven't updated the
documentation to reflect this yet because we're still testing.

Note that I have yet to try MR-Rosetta with the hybrid install, so the
suggestion about keeping the hybrid installation separate stands.  I will
try to investigate this soon.

-Nat