[phenixbb] number of alternate conformations allowed

Scott Horowitz horowsah at umich.edu
Wed Dec 17 08:20:27 PST 2014

Hi all,

Does anyone happen to know the upper limit on the number of alternate
conformations that phenix.refine can handle at once for a residue? From
playing around with it, it seems that phenix.refine recognizes both letters
and numbers in that position, but not a pound sign, so that would suggest
it could at least handle 36, so long as I don't crash my computer trying
that many. Is this correct, from anyone's experience/knowledge?

Thanks,
Scott

--
Scott Horowitz, Ph.D.
Research Associate

University of Michigan
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology
Bardwell lab
830 N. University Ave, Room 4007
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
phone: 734-647-6683