[phenixbb] Meeting Announcement: Northwest Crystallography Workshop

Dale Tronrud det102 at uoxray.uoregon.edu
Fri Feb 7 14:36:57 PST 2014

          (Pacific) Northwest Crystallography Workshop
       http://oregonstate.edu/conferences/event/nwcw2014/
                       June 20-22, 2014

   Registration is now open for this year's edition of the Northwest
Crystallography Workshop.  It is being hosted at Oregon State University
in Corvallis in the heart of the Willamette Valley surrounded by wine
country, wildlife refuges, and with both the Cascade Mountains and the
Pacific Ocean within easy driving distance.  It can be easily accessed
from either the Portland or Eugene airports.

   This biennial meeting has been held at various locations in the
Pacific Northwest since 1981.  It has always proven to be a great venue
to meet other researchers in the region who are interested both in using
macromolecular crystallography to solve structures and in developing and
enhancing methods.

   The "workshop" part of the name will be taken seriously.  We will
have talks and posters with priority for speaking slots given to
students and post-docs who focus on methodologies or interesting
structure determination stories, and/or how structural observations
provide insight into function and biology.

   There will be a reception on Friday evening.  On Saturday there will
be talks during the day and a banquet followed by a keynote address in
the evening.  Talks will continue on Sunday morning with the workshop
wrapping-up at noon.  A light lunch will be served on Saturday and a
boxed lunch will be available on Sunday.

   Register today and get your abstracts submitted anytime between now
and the April 30 abstract deadline. We've tried to keep registration
costs low and early registration (through April 30) is $75 for students
and $100 for others. Reasonably priced on-campus dormitory housing is
available and must be arranged at the time of registration. Special
rates at two local hotels have been arranged for those who want to book
their own lodgings.

   We look forward to a great meeting and celebration of the International
Year of Crystallography.

Dale and Andy

Dale E. Tronrud and P. Andrew Karplus
Department of Biochemistry & Biophysics