[phenixbb] Phenix refine selection within distance

Andrew Waight waight at msg.ucsf.edu
Tue Feb 11 10:55:20 PST 2014

Hello All,

          I am trying select a subsection of my molecule only to run TLS
refinement on. I want to select all residues within a certain distance from
a given chain. I am using the selection editor within the Phenix interface
and can't seem to figure out if Phenix provides this functionality in the
view/pick selection editor. The Phenix.refine manual describes some "smart"
selections, but they don't seem to work in the selection box. I have tried
many variations of.

within(5, chain 'H')

To no avail. Is this possible to do in the selection editor? Thanks for
your help.

                Andrew Waight