[phenixbb] observed reflections error?

Tim Gruene tg at shelx.uni-ac.gwdg.de
Wed Feb 26 01:25:17 PST 2014

Dear J,

if I understood George Sheldrick correctly, scaling under the
assumption that Friedel's Law holds is actually the method of choice:
the doubled multiplicity is important for stable scaling and
apparently does not hamper with the Bijvoet differences.

I assume this is why it is the default in most scaling programs to not
take anomalous differences into account.

Is there a reason why you worry about the different counting, now that
you now the reason?

Best,
Tim