[phenixbb] measuring the angle between two DNA duplexes

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Mon Jan 20 09:47:11 PST 2014

Hi Xiang,

there is no ready-to-use tool for this right now, but I can spend a few
moments and add one so it's available in next Phenix nightly build in a
day or two.

phenix.angle model.pdb selection="chain A and resseq 1:123"
selection="chain B and resseq 20:345"

The underlying procedure would do the following:
   - extract two sets of coordinates of atoms corresponding to two
provided atom selections;
   - draw two optimal lines (LS fit) passing through the above sets of
coordinates;
   - compute and report angle between those two lines?

Would this be helpful? Is it worth adding such tool?

Pavel