[phenixbb] alternatives to RMSD

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Mon Jul 7 00:19:45 PDT 2014

Hi Patrick,
supposing models are superposed appropriately (see previous comments on
phenixbb), step-by-step I see it as following:
- compute density map for model A (or its Fourier synthesis of
resolution 1A or higher),
- compute density map for model B (or its Fourier synthesis of
resolution 1A or higher),
- compute map CC per residue or per atom between maps corresponding to A
and B.

I would think that "superposed appropriately" is a key here.

Pavel