[phenixbb] Autosol and sequence file

Stefan Knight stefan.knight at icm.uu.se
Mon Jun 2 07:41:41 PDT 2014

I don’t seem to have much luck with Phenix these days… Trying to run Autosol from the GUI but the process aborts immediately complaining that a sequence file is required to run Autosol. I have given it a sequence file in fasta format that is recognised as such when added. I’ve also tried instead pasting the sequence into the Crystal info window but that didn’t help. Grateful for any tip on how to convince Phenix it has all it needs to get going ;-).

Thanks,
Stefan

Stefan D. Knight, PhD
Professor of Biology
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Uppsala University
Uppsala Biomedical Centre, P.O. Box 596, S-751 24 Uppsala
Sweden

Voice: +46 (0)18 471 45 54
Fax: +46 (0)18 53 03 96
E-mail: stefan at xray.bmc.uu.se

"We trained very hard, but it seemed that every time we were beginning to
form into teams, we would be reorganised.  I was to learn later in life that
we tend to meet any new situation by reorganising - and a wonderful method
it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion,
inefficiency and demoralisation."

– Gaius Petronius Arbiter (d. AD 66)