[phenixbb] refining two chains into same density

Scott Horowitz horowsah at umich.edu
Fri May 2 05:50:13 PDT 2014

I have a strange case where I think there are two separate protein chains
that are partially occupying the same spot (i.e. two proteins:one binding
site=half of each bound). I'd really like to try to simultaneously refine
both chains at partial occupancy into this density, but when I tried this
(not surprisingly) it terminated because there were some overlapping atomic
coordinates between the two chains. Is there a way to work around this?

Thanks,
Scott

--
Scott Horowitz, Ph.D.
 Research Associate

University of Michigan
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology
Bardwell lab
830 N. University Ave, Room 4007
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
phone: 734-647-6683