[phenixbb] Post Doctoral Positions in Membrane Protein Structure and Function at the National Institutes of Health (NIH)

Anirban Banerjee anirbn at gmail.com
Sat May 3 03:52:40 PDT 2014

Dear all,

Please circulate to those who may be interested -

The research group of Dr. Anirban Banerjee at the National Institutes
of Health (NIH) is seeking candidates for postdoctoral fellows .  The
broad interests of the lab are in membrane protein structure and
function. We will combine structural techniques such as macromolecular
crystallography with biophysical and biochemical methods such as
reconstitution based biochemistry, electrophysiology together with
synthetic chemistry to investigate the structural bases of the
mechanisms of a number of membrane proteins.

The lab has state-of-the-art equipment and facilities. We have
dedicated periodic access to the 22-ID beamline at the APS, for
crystallographers at the NIH. The DC Metro area is a wonderful place
to live, the weather is pleasant and is a vibrant international
community. In terms of scientific opportunities, the NIH is absolutely
unique in bringing scientists from a virtually all corner of
biomedical sciences in one campus. The Cell Biology and Metabolism
program is part of the National Institute of Child Health and Human
Development (NICHD). Our lab also has an affiliation to the National
Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS).

The candidates should hold a Ph. D. degree, must be motivated and a
have strong background in biochemistry or structural biology.
Experience with protein expression, purification and biochemical
characterization is  required.  Prior experience in membrane protein
biochemistry or insect/mammalian expression systems will be added
advantages.

Interested candidates can send an e-mail  to anirban.banerjee at nih.gov
with a CV and a summary of previous research experience and future
interests.

Disclaimers: The NIH is dedicated to building a diverse community in
its training and employment programs and this position is subject to a
background investigation.

Thanks very much.

Best,

Anirban