[phenixbb] PHENIX-Coot problem

Marcelo Carlos Sousa Marcelo.Sousa at colorado.edu
Wed May 7 14:05:55 PDT 2014

I do not quite understand what is going on but I fixed it:

It turned out that if you point phenix (in preferences) to the wrapper script inside the coot application package:

/Applications/ccp4-6.4.0/coot.app/Contents/coot/bin/coot

and start the application by clicking on the Phenix icon and then opening refinement results in coot, then the coot dictionaries do not load and there is a problem

However, if you start phenix form the terminal then everything is fine.

Finally, if you point phenix to a different file in the coot application package:

/Applications/ccp4-6.4.0/coot.app/Contents/MacOS/coot

then things work fine no matter where you start phenix from…

I am on MacOS 10.8.5 and this happens with phenix 1.8.4-1496 as well as 1.9-1690…

Marcelo