[phenixbb] PHENIX-Coot problem

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Wed May 7 15:19:54 PDT 2014

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Marcelo Carlos Sousa <
Marcelo.Sousa at colorado.edu> wrote:

> It turned out that if you point phenix (in preferences) to the wrapper
> script inside the coot application package:
> /Applications/ccp4-6.4.0/coot.app/Contents/coot/bin/coot
> and start the application by clicking on the Phenix icon and then opening
> refinement results in coot, then the coot dictionaries do not load and
> there is a problem
> However, if you start phenix form the terminal then everything is fine.
> Finally, if you point phenix to a different file in the coot application
> package:
> /Applications/ccp4-6.4.0/coot.app/Contents/MacOS/coot

This is already handled automatically - I didn't think anyone would dig
into the .app bundle for the specific command.  If you simply specify
/Applications/ccp4-6.4.0/coot.app (or any other .app), Phenix will look for
Contents/MacOS/coot inside.

-Nat