[phenixbb] Waters in FEM

Tanner, John J. TannerJJ at missouri.edu
Sun Sep 7 14:38:31 PDT 2014

Well, this is embarrassing...the assign label window was hiding behind the graphics window.

Now that I do see the FEM, I have an observation about the FEM.   Although the FEM is providing an informative assessment of the protein and bound ligands, the assessment of water is a little strange.  There are several water molecules that have strong 2Fo-Fc density but absolutely zero FEM density.  Even if I contour the FEM down to the lowest possible value (0.09 sigma in this case), I still see no FEM density on these waters.    The waters in question have good hydrogen bonding to the protein and acceptable B-factors (26-30 Ang^2).  These are waters that I would normally keep in my final model.  Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Some examples are posted here:

http://faculty.missouri.edu/~tannerjj/FEMwaters/FEMwaters.html