[phenixbb] refinement

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Thu Apr 2 08:11:06 PDT 2015

Hi Almudena,

even if you enable water update (add/remove/refine) phenix.refine will
only do it if data resolution is higher than 2.8A. In case your data
resolution is lower than 2.8A and you still want phenix.refine update
water you need to set ordered_solvent.low_resolution to some large value
like 3 or so.

In the GUI, ordered_solvent.low_resolution can be set as:

Refinement settings -> All parameters -> Ordered solvent -> Minimum
resolution

If it still does not add water than perhaps data or current model
quality isn't sufficient to do so automatically.

Pavel