[phenixbb] Phenix command to align the PDB sequence and input sequence

Gabor Bunkoczi gb360 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Apr 10 02:44:48 PDT 2015

Hi Smith,

if you are happy to use a GUI, then try the "Mutiple sequence alignment"
available from the "Utilities" menu (not the Utilities sidebar!) in the
main Phenix window. This will automatically extract the sequence from
your PDB file.

I am not sure whether there is a command line tool that does the same.
However, you can always use phenix.print_sequence to extract the
sequence of a PDB and then use phenix.muscle to do the alignment.

HTH, Gabor