[phenixbb] reflections file editor

Terwilliger, Thomas Charles terwilliger at lanl.gov
Tue Apr 14 07:34:37 PDT 2015

Hi Almudena,

You could use phenix.scale_and_merge for this and give it both datasets.  Its purpose is to scale anomalous datasets but it will work with a mixture of datasets as well. (If you wait for tomorrow's nightly build it will work a little more nicely than the current version which crashes after writing out the scaled data to scaled_data.mtz because it expected anomalous data).

Note: It may be useful to set the keyword:

   minimum_datafile_fraction=0.01

so that datasets with few reflections are included (i.e., your low-res data), so your command might look like:

phenix.scale_and_merge data=lowres.sca data=native.sca minimum_datafile_fraction=0.01

and this will write out scaled_data.mtz with all the data merged (and scaled).

All the best,
Tom T