[phenixbb] Off-topic: Hydrogen images

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Mon Apr 20 15:45:19 PDT 2015

Hi Mohamed,

perhaps you can copy some images from here:

http://phenix-online.org/presentations/latest/2012_afonine_ecm27-final.pdf

and also here

http://journals.iucr.org/d/issues/2010/11/00/dz5209/index.html

Or simply

- get data and model from PDB
phenix.fetch_pdb pdb_code --mtz

- compute maps
phenix.maps model.pdb data.mtz
or
phenix.maps model.pdb data.mtz
if it is neutron data set. You may want to remove H so that you can see
them in residual maps:
phenix.reduce -trim model_with_h.pdb > model_no_h.pdb

- use graphical program of your choice to make a picture (I use Pymol).

Examples above use Phenix command line. All the same can be done using
the GUI.

Pavel