[phenixbb] Sulfur SAD

Dorothee Liebschner dliebsch at post.kek.jp
Thu Aug 6 23:24:18 PDT 2015

Hi Mohamed,

On 7/28/2015 3:02 AM, Ivanov wrote:
> I suggest you collect a dataset at 7kev (around 2.0A) which is the
> absorption edge of S.
The absorption edge of sulfur is at 2.472 keV, which is 5.0155 A...

I suggest you ask the beamline scientist, which wavelength is suitable.
Maybe the beamline can be tuned to 2.5 A, but the flux might become
weak. Furthermore, absorption of X-rays in air (and the sample) is
strong for wavelengths above 2.0 A.

If kappa goniometer is available, I would use it. You can also collect
data from several crystals, or several data sets at different spots from
one crystal.
I think it is difficult to give recommendations about the multiplicity
you need. Collect data, then process and try to find the substructure
during your beamtime. If you cannot find the substructure and solve the
structure, collect more data and combine data sets.

Hope that helps,

Dorothee