[phenixbb] ligand refinement

Schubert, Carsten [JRDUS] CSCHUBER at its.jnj.com
Tue Aug 11 05:59:56 PDT 2015

Xinghua:

A couple of questions you might ask before reverting to drastic measures:
Can you exclude a covalent bond to the protein?
How confident are you about the fit, orientation and nature of the ligand?
Do you see the same phenomenon in a different dataset, i.e. is it reproducible?

It is better to look for an explanation of your experimental findings than to tweak/restrain the refinement to conform to your expectations.

At this resolution the occupancy will be tightly coupled to B-factors. You could try and refine an overall occupancy for the ligand. What makes you believe that you have partial occupancy? Residual fofc density?

Carsten