[phenixbb] phenix.refine with reference model

Falk, Sebastian sfalk at biochem.mpg.de
Tue Dec 22 02:28:46 PST 2015

Hi!

I am currently building a 3.3 A structure of a large protein. I do have a reference model at much better resolution that has 58% sequence identity and 77% similarity.
The structures are quite similar, there are only a few regions with insertions.
However, phenix.refine does ‘accept’ the reference model and thus creates no torsion restraints.

I also tried to run ProSmart in CCP4 but there the cut-off for the reference model is 75% sequence identity. I could not find any threshold for phenix.refine though.

I am happy for any suggestion or tip how to include the reference model even though the sequence identity is not as high.

Thank a lot.

Sebastian

Sebastian Falk
Max-Planck-Institute for Biochemistry