[phenixbb] Global metrics for Ramachandran quality beyond %outliers?

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Thu Feb 5 10:56:39 PST 2015

The %favored is also important - if you only have 1% outliers but 20% are
"allowed", that's still not a very realistic structure.  On the other hand,
it is entirely possible to generate a model that has 98% favored but an
equally unrealistic distribution, if you try to make the plot too "tight"
(i.e. forcing residues into particular sub-regions of favored).  But there
isn't any metric for this that I'm aware of - it's very qualitative and
based entirely on visual intuition.

-Nat