[phenixbb] How to define a disulfide bond between symmetry related molecules in phenix.refine

Michael Hothorn michael at hothorn.de
Wed Feb 25 02:03:12 PST 2015

Dear all,

I am trying to refine an intermolecular disulfide bond in phenix.refine.
The disulfide involves Cys 188 in chain A and Cys 188 of chain B of a
symmetry related molecule, with symop -X, Y+1/2, Z+1/2. There are two
molecules in the AU, SG is P212121. I generated the following SSBOND
entry in the pdb header:

SSBOND 2 CYS A   188  CYS B   188                    1555  3555 2.04

Based on this:
http://www.wwpdb.org/documentation/file-format/format33/sect6.html the
format seems fine, but the disulfide is not being recognized during
refinement.

Could someone point out to me how to correctly define this for
phenix.refine.

Thanks!
Michael