[phenixbb] Help with using FFT map coefficients tool

Emilia C. Arturo (Emily) eca38 at drexel.edu
Mon Jun 1 08:49:38 PDT 2015

Pavel,

The command line steps you gave worked well (i.e. I got the map I wanted)
for the models in which I am interested.

But the GUI is still giving the same error  "This reflections file does not
appear to contain any suitable map coefficients", even for the PDB id you
gave as an example (1AKG). This is what I did to use the GUI: I typed in
the PDB id to the GUI 'Reflections tools' > 'Import CIF structure factors'
tool, and the tool fetched the model and .cif file and output an mtz file.
But when I loaded this mtz file into the GUI 'Maps' > 'FFT map
coefficients' tool, I got the error. Furthermore, EVEN if I loaded the mtz
file that I'd generated using the command line phenix.maps 1akg.{pdb,mtz}
into the GUI maps tool, I get the same error.

I am fine using the command line, but I suspect that there's an issue with
how the GUI is loading the mtz files for the Maps tool.

Regards,
Emily.

step 1 - get files from PDB: