[phenixbb] Optimal Linux configuration for Phenix.refine

Xiao Lei xiaoleiusc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 10:21:45 PDT 2015

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the information! I just got a HP with core i7 4771 (4 cores
3.5GHz), now I know it will be a good speed boost for phenix. I used DEN
refinement in phenix, which is very slow, I'm even thinking using
university cluster to do it. There is an "DEN parameter optimization"
choice in phenix, I do not know if this can be finished by parallel
computing with multiple processors.

I have one question, in the phenix refinement, there is an input for the
number of processor, is it the same number as cores CPU has? If a CPU is
hyper-threaded like core i7 4771 (8 threads but 4 cores), should I put
number of processors 8 or 4?

Xiao