[phenixbb] on Phenix's "Generate "Table 1" for journal"

Edward A. Berry BerryE at upstate.edu
Sat Mar 21 10:31:28 PDT 2015

I completely agree with Pavel Afonine's advice.
For one question that you might not find in Rupp's BMC or other textbook:

> then how can I get the R-merge, R-meas,CC1/2 and CC*?

If you have a recent version of HKL, these values are in the scalepack log-file.

If you are using an older version of HKL, then you need to re-run the scaling step with:

	NO MERGE ORIGINAL INDEX

and then use phenix.merging_statistics to print these statistics from the unmerged .sca file
The unmerged .sca does not have cell param, so supply them like:

phenix.merging_statistics /path/to/your/unmerged.sca \
  cell="72.394    85.188   294.019    90.000    90.000    90.000" \
  n_bins=30 high_resolution=2.2

If you have refined with phenix.refine you can also calculate correlation
statistics between model and data (CC_free, CC_work) with phenix.cc_star:

phenix.cc_star /path/to/your/unmerged.sca  \
  /path/to/your/refinement/prefix_066.mtz n_bins=30

For the meaning of these statistics, see:
Acta Cryst. (2013). D69, 1215–1222
doi:10.1107/S0907444913001121
and references there-in.

eab