[phenixbb] Help with using FFT map coefficients tool

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Sun May 31 23:08:05 PDT 2015

Hi Emily,

step 1 - get files from PDB:

phenix.fetch_pdb 1akg --mtz

step 2 - compute maps:

phenix.maps 1akg.{pdb,mtz}

step 3 - convert map coefficients into map:

phenix.mtz2map 1akg_map_coeffs.mtz

Note 1: you can request to output actual maps at step 2, so step 3 isn't
necessary.
Note 2: all the above you can do in Phenix GUI.

Let me know if you still having problems with this and I will send
step-by-step instructions how to do this using the GUI.

Pavel