[phenixbb] Phenix Xtriage label error

rspencer rspencer at uci.edu
Tue Apr 12 14:13:40 PDT 2016

Hi Alex,

Aimless is showing that there is a strong anomalous signal :

Minimum and maximum SD correction factors: Fulls   1.07 104.68 Partials   1.18 134.50
Anomalous flag switched ON in input, strong anomalous signal found

And also giving you a resolution cutoff for looking for the anomalous signal :

Estimate of maximum resolution for significant anomalous signal =  3.97A, from CCanom >  0.15

You have a couple of options – 1) Put the dataset in HySS and search for the Iodine (assume 1-2 iodine per molecules in your ASU) and limit the high-resolution search to 3.97.

2) go directly to Autosol and do the same resolution cutoff for searching for the anomoalous signal.

I’m sure others can also give some more detailed advice on the next steps.

Good luck!

Ryan