[phenixbb] build two helix run in opposite direction and set half occupancy or each in Coot

Xiao Lei xiaoleiusc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 21:51:07 PDT 2016

Hi Phenixbb members,

Is there a way in the Coot GUI that I can build two helix of the same
sequence (or just short 5aa or 6aa peptide chains of the same sequence)
that run in the opposite direction (180 degree opposite direction) of each
other and set half occupancy of each peptide chain?

I tried to use Calculate---> Model/fit/refine/----> add alternative
conformation, but it seems I only have two options: "split single residue
at C-alpha" or "split all of a single residue", which are applying to
single residue only, not a short peptide chain.

Thanks.