[phenixbb] Meaning of "resolution" keyword for phenix.real_space_refine with mrc/ccp4 map input?

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Tue Aug 16 10:05:45 PDT 2016

Hi Oliver,

it is only used to calculate correlation between experimental map and
map calculated form the model (model-map CC). When you run
phenix.real_space_refine you provide model and experimental map as
inputs. To calculate model-map CC you need to calculate map from atomic
model first. This is done by first calculating structure factors Fcalc
from the model up to specified resolution and then FT'ing them into
Fourier map that is then used to calculate CC.

Pavel