[phenixbb] "Use starting structure as reference" for homo-multimers

Tristan Croll tristan.croll at qut.edu.au
Tue Feb 9 07:55:14 PST 2016

Hi,

I've noticed that when I choose the option to use the starting structure as a reference model and my structure is a homo-multimeric protein, Phenix uses only the first chain as the reference for all chains during refinement. Personally I'd much prefer it if instead it ran a true 1:1 reference throughout the structure, since I tend to use this for final very fine-scale refinement of structures where I've already identified and modelled differences between NCS copies. Others' mileage may vary, of course.

Best regards,

Tristan