[phenixbb] twinning detection

Ursula Schulze-Gahmen uschulze-gahmen at lbl.gov
Mon Jun 6 13:47:15 PDT 2016

I have an extremely low resolution data set to 6.5 A.  The data were
collected on a Pilatus detector, indexed and further processed in XDS,
space group P321.  Pointless determines spacegroup to P3221 or P3121 and
L-test shows no twinning. Phenix X-triage indicates twinning, but the twin
fraction varies enormously depending on the method used: Britton analysis
0.337, H-test 0.260, ML 0.022. The UCLA twin server also thinks that data
are twinned. How do I evaluate which information is right?

Also, I think I found a molecular replacement solution that is correct
using these twinned data.

Ursula

--
Ursula Schulze-Gahmen, Ph.D.