[phenixbb] pdbtools atom_selection behavior

Oleg Sobolev osobolev at lbl.gov
Tue Feb 7 13:10:21 PST 2017

Dear Wolfram,

I'm afraid you will have to use file with parameters to do this:
modify {
  occupancies
  {
    atom_selection = chain A and resid 1
    randomize = False
    set = 1
    normalize = False
  }
  keep = not (chain A and altid B and resid 1)
  # or use: remove = chain A and altid B and resid 1
}

The scope "occupancies" is "multiple" which means you can have several of
them. This kind of scopes cannot be populated correctly from command-line
parameters. As you can see in the beginning of your set.out (in "Complete
set of parameters"), you ended up with two "occupancies" scopes. The
selection you provided ended up in the second scope with nothing to change,
and set=1 ended up in the first scope with atom_selection=None, therefore
set=1 was applied to the whole model.

Best regards,
Oleg Sobolev.