[phenixbb] Composite omit map

Dorothee Liebschner dcliebschner at lbl.gov
Mon Jun 5 09:54:42 PDT 2017

Hi Sam,

The correlation coefficients look rather poor. However, the most important
is to inspect the maps. But, i the maps do not show evidence of the
nucleotides, it is difficult to "prove" that they are there (or have a
particular orientation).

To get clues from the map, I would f.ex. look for a higher peak which could
indicate the P position.
Also, as it was suggested in the other thread, build/improve as much of the
model as you can, and then investigate details.

You can read more about the Discrepancy function D in:
Urzhumtsev, A., Afonine, P. V., Lunin, V. Y., Terwilliger, T. C. & Adams,
P. D. Metrics for comparison of crystallographic maps. *Acta Crystallogr.
Sect. D Biol. Crystallogr.* *70,* 2593–2606 (2014).
http://scripts.iucr.org/cgi-bin/paper?kw5094

Best wishes,

Dorothee