[phenixbb] Different stats with different number of macrocycles

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Thu May 4 11:47:54 PDT 2017

Hi Patric,

I guess to make refinement consisting of one macro-cycle yield the same
result as 1st macro-cycle of refinement consisting of N macro-cycles
(N>1), you need to set these parameters

main.target=ml

strategy=individual_sites+individual_adp+occupancy
OR
strategy=individual_sites+individual_adp+occupancy+individual_sites_real_space

You can do it using GUI or command line.

Normally, you need to run refinement until convergence, which is almost
always more than 3-5 macro-cycles.

Pavel